Bochnia is located in the southern Poland, about 40 km from Cracow. The Bochnia Salt Mine is the oldest one Poland, established in 1248. The health resort was founded in 1995 on the basis of the oldest Polish salt mine. The complex consists of: a hotel; a restaurant; Health Centre.
It's a unique place with an innovative rehabilitation method and respiratory diseases treatment based on natural microclimate in underground salt chambers. This microclimate in Bochnia helps in curing respiratory disorders, asthma and allergy. For treatment a subterraneotherapy is used, based on patient exposure to specific physical, chemical and biological stimuli occurring in the underground salt mine excavations.
Indications for subterraneotherapy:
- chronic and allergic rhinitis
- chronic sinusitis
- chronic pharyngitis and laryngitis
- chronic bronchitis
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- recurrent respiratory system infections
- Eustachian tube inflammation.
The main advantages of underground air are: a unique bacteriological purity, constant temperature (approx 16°C), high relative humidity (approx 80%) and high air ionisation, saturated by sodium chloride, magnesium, manganese, calcium.
Different packages can be adjusted to your needs, basically:
- treatment packages and the respiratory tract rehabilitation packages are prepared for treatment of: the respiratory system disorders; asthma; allergies; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in adults and children.
- locomotor system rehabilitation packages are prepared for treatment of: neurological disorders; rheumatic disorders; musculoskeletal system dysfunctions.
Inhalation stay includes:
- accommodation (7 days / 6 nights) with 3 meals a day (breakfast, dinner, supper; lunch and dinner in one upon arrival and breakfast upon departure)
- 8 treatments in the rehabilitation centre (adults only)
- salt mine sightseeing
The Bochnia Salt Mine is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, as an extension to the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Both are named as Royal Salt Mines.
On the way to Bochnia we recommend to take a break in Cracow, one of the oldest cities in Poland with its historic centre (Old Town) listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List as well. Moreover, places worthy to see here are: Saint Mary's Basilica; the Wawel Castle; Kazimierz (historic Jewish quarter); Divine Mercy Sanctuary.
Additionally, on request we organize private transfers to Bochnia from different cities in Poland (for example Cracow).
In case questions, modifications or additional information regarding above offer please contact us.